How to Stop Video Game Addiction | Avoid Your Video Game Addiction

You've got work to do, but you keep playing video games. As much as you know you shouldn't, you can't help it. What do you do? In this article, I'm going to share the five strategies to stop that addiction and finally get things done. Let's get into it.


1. Replace



And the first strategy is to replace. Think of the games you are playing, and ask yourself why you keep playing them. What I mean here is that every action has a positive intention behind it, so instead of beating yourself up, which hasn't worked so far, just think about why you keep playing Fortnite. Why do I keep playing PUBG? Why do I keep playing GTA? Because there's a positive thing you get from it. Maybe it helps you relax. Maybe it stops you from being bored. But once you identify that, replace the behavior. So instead of when I'm bored, I play GTA or Fortnight, change it to when I'm bored, I do something else. I play chess, I paint a picture, I play cricket or I play football. I do ten push-ups and then I play, but I replace the less productive habit.

If you have addiction then it should be simple, easy and kind of productive.

2. Record



The second strategy is to record. I just want you to get an idea of what's happening right now. Like, how much time do you spend playing video games? Are you actually addicted, or do you think you're addicted because there's not necessarily anything wrong with playing a video game? It's like a cup. You put water into the cup and it nourishes you. You put poison in the cup and it destroys you. The cup is not bad. Video games are not bad; it's the unhealthy amount of time that you play them. But how do you know?

So keep track of how many hours you play and how often you feel, so that you can understand what's happening.


3. Realize



The third strategy is to realize. You need to buck up your ideas to a certain level. Because one of the things you need to look at is not this small instance, but the big picture. The big picture is "David Goggins." Everyone loves this guy. He's one of the toughest men in the world. He ran an ultramarathon with little training and holds the world record for the most pull-ups. He was halfway through mile 55 when he discovered he had stress fractures in both of his legs. How did he keep on going? Listen to his book, "Names Can't Hurt Me," and you'll find out.


4. Removed



The fourth strategy is to remove. If you really want to make it easier for you to not be so addicted but genuinely get rid of it, uninstall the app, delete your account, and destroy it. Throw your Xbox, PS4, or whatever you're playing right now out the window. If it's not there, how are you going to play it? Like, how difficult is it to remove a video game from your phone to uninstall, change the password, or give it to someone else? Why else would you be reading an article like this five minutes into it? Because you want to change.


5. Rule



The fifth and final rule is that it creates an if-then strategy so that there are conditions. If I get four hours of work done, then I can play 30 minutes of GTA. So when you get home after school, after work, or after a long day at your job, do whatever it is that you do when you're tired. Make a rule that says "if I'm tired, then I'll take a shower, not if I'm tired, then I'll play video games." And as always, accept the best for yourself and nothing less than a dream, because you're a king, and then work like a slave so you can have, so you can do, and you can become anything. 


Thanks for reading, Peace.

 


Post a Comment

0 Comments